These chocolate hazelnut brownies pack a chocolatey punch, I make them to share around the family and they never last long – the frosting to finish makes them luxuriously rich too. Enjoy!
- 250g dark brown sugar
- 310g butter/margarine (softened)
- 2 medium free range eggs
- 370g self-raising flour
- 3 teaspoons Cocoa Powder
- 80g Roasted chopped hazelnuts
- 80g roughly chopped dark chocolate
For the Decadent Frosting
- 50g butter, melted
- 45g cocoa powder
- 75ml whole milk
- A few drops of vanilla extract
- 450g icing sugar
Where to begin…
- Preheat an oven to 180 degrees Celsius and grease and line a 12″x8″ baking tray.
- Whisk together the butter and sugar until a creamy consistency has been achieved. Whisk the egg into the mixture.
- Sieve in the flour and cocoa powder and gradually fold in with a wooden spoon being careful not to get too much air into the mixture.
- Stir in the hazelnuts and chopped dark chocolate, pour the mixture into the prepared baking tray
- Place on the middle shelf of the oven and bake for 20-30 minutes until well risen, firm to the touch and a knife comes out from the centre of the mix clean.
- Remove from the oven when cooked and allow to cook on a cooling tray for 45minutes to an hour.
Remove from the baking tray in the greaseproof layer when the brownies are cooled. To make the frosting simply mix the ingredients one by one with a wooden spoon, starting with the butter and icing sugar, followed by the cocoa powder, milk and vanilla extract. Remove large dollops of frosting from the bowl and using the smooth knife blend over the brownies. Allow to set for about an hour before cutting into squares. and there you have it…my decadent homemade hazelnut chocolate brownies. The ultimate indulgence.