It’s usually time to start trying baby purees when your little one is 4-6 months of age. Official advice in the UK states that 6months is ideal, however as I have found with my own little girl every baby is unique and nobody knows a child as well as their parents. So you have to go with your instincts.
This recipe for Pear, Pea and Broccali purée is an early basic to give little ones a taste for their greens. It’s not too bitter and the pear adds a hint of sweetness to the deal. It’s also really quick to whip up six portions which can be frozen too.
- 3-4 stalks of broccoli chopped
- One large Pear, cored and diced
- 200g Garden Peas
- 1-2 tablespoons of organic baby rice
- Sprinkle of Coriander
- Chop the broccoli and place in a pot of boiling water for 8-12 minutes, cover this and allow to steam.
- Chop and core the pear and add to the remaining vegetables about half-way through.
- Once the veggies have simmered drain them using a sieve or colander and add to a food processor. Pulse these well for 2-3 minutes until completely pureed.
- Add a sprinkle of coriander and 2 tablespoons of organic baby rice and pulse for a further 30 seconds.
- Separate into six individual food containers and serve or freeze where needed.