As a die hard for Mediterranean food it’s safe to say that this recipe makes a meal I love giving to our little girl. Really because she devours it so it’s a sign her mummy cooked well. The list below makes six portions which can be frozen too…so it’s not a bad recipe for busy working parents either.
- 100g Chopped Onion
- 250g Chopped and Peeled Sweet Potato
- 75g Grated Medium or Mature Cheddar Cheese
- 95g Organic Baby Shell Pasta Shapes
- 120gs Peeled and Diced Organic Carrots
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 400g Tin of Chopped Tomatoes
- 225ml Vegetable Stock
1. Add the olive oil to a pre-heated saucepan and add the onions to sizzle until they turn a golden brown colour.
2. Add the sweet potato and carrots and mix well before pouring in the vegetable stock. Allow to simmer for 4-6minutes.
3. Pour in the chopped tomatoes and simmer for a further 4minutes whilst stirring frequently.
4. In a separate pot prepare the pasta shapes by filling the pot with boiling water and bringing to the boil for 8-10minutes.
5. In the pot of veggie sauce place the grated cheese and spoon about one-third to half of the cooked veggie sauce mix into a food processor, pulse a little before adding half of the cooked pasta shells and blend well.
6. Add the remaining vegetables and pasta and continue to blend until you reach the perfect consistency. Spoon the meals equally into food storage containers.
At about 7-9 months of age many babies will start to love the texture of foods so it’s an idea to not blend the pasta shells down too much. Another great thing about this recipe is that it’s so easy to adapt to satisfy everyone else at the table, simply swap the organic baby pasta shells for organic wholegrain penne and when you separate the pasta for adults and baby, simply blend the pasta for you little one and add the rest to the sauce for the older foodies.