This Oaty Cinnamon Seed Granola is a wonderful recipe for those looking for what I call ‘brain-food’ first thing in the morning. The slow release carbohydrates really keep you going and the pecans, almonds and pumpkin seeds are a brilliant source of protein. Serve 40g of this granola in the morning with a handful of fresh fruit and some almond milk and you will be enjoying a deliciously healthy vegan breakfast all week long!
- 180g Pecans
- 150g flaked Almonds
- 300g Rolled Oats
- 175g Pumpkin Seeds
- 75g Sunflower Seeds
- 110g Flaxseed
- 4 Tablespoons Coconut Oil
- 4 Teaspoons Ground Cinnamon
- 4 Tablespoons Maple Syrup
- 120g Raisins
To Mix Up
- In a food processor blend in the almonds and pecans until light and crumbly.
- Add the crumbled mixture to a mixing bowl filled with the dry ingredients of oats, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds and flaxseed.
- In a saucepan over a low heat melt the coconut oil, cinnamon and maple syrup, stirring gently, pour the melted mixture into the dry ingredients and stir thoroughly using a wooden spoon.
- Once mixed pour the mixture into a baking tray and place in the middle shelf of a pre-heated oven for forty-five minutes. Stir the mixture regularly and thoroughly every 10-15 minutes to ensure that it is toasted well.
- Remove from the oven after this time and allow to cool before mixing in the raisins and pouring into a cereal container.
Another great element with this granola is that any fruit can be added to brighten it up further, try goji berries, fresh blueberries or raspberries with strawberries to give it some kick.