I’ve got a great recipe to help you boost the mid-week dip with delicious vegan chocolate brownies. These are a quick and easy solution to living vegan on the go, they fit in nicely with planning ahead i.e. planning for the moment that sweet tooth kicks in. With only four ingredients they are a neat way to keep going and really knock a chocolate craving on the head too.
- 150g Almonds
- 400g Medjool Dates (pitted)
- 5 Tablespoons of cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons of maple syrup
- Place the Almond nuts into a food processor until they become crumbly, add in the dates, cocoa powder and maple syrup before blending the ingredients for a second time.
- When the mixture has reached a sticky consistency, remove it from the processor and place into a loaf tray lined with baking parchment.
- Press down with the back of a spoon so that the mixture smooths out and lies even and place into the freezer for an hour and a half.
- Remove from the freezer and cut into slices, remove each slice gently from the tray and place in a storage container to be placed in the fridge.
As a deliciously rich protein-filled snack these brownies are great for the vegan snackers looking to pack in their protein punch.