A great recipe for baby at about 9-12months of age upwards depending on how well you mash it, this is enough to make about eight portions for your little one. But is also something the whole family can enjoy as a side dish to the main meal, providing four adult portions. The cheese adds some gorgeous creaminess and it’s a tasty dish for anyone with a sweet tooth who doesn’t naturally go for their veggies. Bon apetit!
- 600g sweet potato, peeled and chopped
- 180g broccoli florets, chopped
- 100g Sweetcorn
- 140g of medium cheddar, grated
- Generous knob of butter
- 1 1/2 tbsp Coriander
- Peel and chop the sweet potato and place in a pan of simmering water to boil for about 15minutes, or until tender.
- Chop the broccoli florets and steam for ten minutes.
- Drain the sweet potatoes and add divided portions of sweet potato, broccoli and sweetcorn to a large bowl and mash using a masher.
- Add the grated cheese and coriander halfway through mashing to ensure they melt well into the vegetable dish.