Safe to say these divert from the healthy option, in fact they’re the perfect example of what a pure indulgence is meant to be. However if you want to be creative they actually make the perfect gift! Gift box, tissue paper and this recipe serve you well for most occasions and it’s a lot more perosnalised that anything you can buy. Enjoy!
- 175g butter
- 40g unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 eggs; lightly beaten
- 175g light brown sugar
- 5ml/1/2 tsp. Natural Vanilla Extract
- 55g Self-raising flour
For the Frosting
- 115g plain (dark) chocolate
- 30g butter
- 15-20ml sour cream
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius and grease an 8” shallow cake tin; optionally line with greased baking paper.
- Place the butter and cocoa powder into a heated pan and melt together, stirring occasionally before setting the bowl aside and allow the mixture to cool.
- Whisk together the eggs, sugar and vanilla extract in a bowl before stirring in the cooled cocoa mixture.
- Sift over the self-raising flour and fold into the mixture using a metal spoon.
- Pour into the prepared cake pan and place in the oven for to cook for 30-35minutes. Remove from the oven when cooked – the mixture will remain quite wet but will dry when cooling.
- To make the frosting melt the chocolate and butter together in a saucepan and remove from the heat. Beat in the sour cream (if using) until the frosting is smooth and glossy. Leave the mixture to cool slightly for 5-10minutes and then spread over the top of the brownies – allow to set before slicing into 12 pieces.