Load your little one up on both their dairy and their protein with this simple but scrummy recipe for cheesy spinach mash. My little girl loves this and I think it tastes amazing too. Using simple wholesome organic veggies you get a real mix of flavours jump through. It’s freezable and super easy to adapt for all age groups…for example you can simply add wholegrain penne pasta for older kids and adults and blend it down to suit everyone. Adapting this means you can make up a batch of this recipe for the week ahead, perfect for busy families in a hurry. Enjoy guys!
- 350g Sweet Potato, Chopped
- 350g Butternut squash, Diced
- 60g baby spinach
- 75g medium cheddar
- Knob of butter
- Prepare a pan of boiling water and place the sweet potato and butternut squash in with the baby spinach. Allow to simmer for about 10-12minutes until soft.
- Weigh out the cheese and combine with the knob of butter.
- Spoon the veggies in even portions into a food processor and blend down to a smooth mash, add the cheese and butter throughout when you blend to allow it to evenly melt through the mash.
- When that perfect consistency is formed, take the mash out and serve in large bowls as a side dish to your main meal, or if making for your little one divide into small containers to cool.