I love this recipe because it’s turned out to be so versatile – it’s perfect for hubby and baby with only a few extra pulses on the blender needed for the latter. Not only is it tasty but it’s packed with protein-rich ingredients and is filled with flavour too. There’s a few ingredients in this which I’ll be honest I’ve never cooked with before, but I’m in the process of raising my daughter on a vegetarian diet so I’ve had to branch out a little. In essence this recipe is rich in goodness for everyone, so get stuck in!
Serves: 4 adult portions or 6 baby meals
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- 230g Cannelloni Beans
- 160g Sweetcorn
- 275g Wholegrain Brown Rice
- 75g Baby Spinach Leaves
- 150g Edame Soya Beans
- 400g Chopped Tomatoes
- 75g grated medium cheddar
- Pinch of Black Pepper
- Generous Pinch of Basil
Racing towards risotto…
- In a saucepan of boiling water, simmer the rice for 10-12 minutes until soft and thick, pour into a sieve to drain out the water and set aside.
- In another saucepan add the 400g of chopped tomatoes, feel free to use a tin of chopped tomatoes for ease. Add the drained sweetcorn and cannelloni beans and heat for five minutes, stirring frequently with a wooden spoon.
- When these veggies are welled mixed, add the edame soya beans, baby spinach and cheddar, stir well and allow the vegetable sauce to simmer before adding the drained rice.
- Season with the black pepper and basil before adding to a food processor. Pulse on and off for five minutes until you reach that perfect consistency.
If you are preparing meals for a little one under toddler age then it can be an idea to pulse the recipe a little longer and skip out the black pepper. Remember this dish is perfect for freezing if you want to prepare it in advance for the week ahead – your little ones will love the flavour and it’s super healthy.