I’ve got a great recipe to help you boost the mid-week dip with delicious vegan chocolate brownies. These are a quick and easy solution to living vegan on the go, they fit in nicely with planning ahead i.e. planning for the moment that sweet tooth kicks in. With only four ingredients they are a neat way to keep going and really knock a chocolate craving on the head too.
- 150g Almonds
- 400g Medjool Dates (pitted)
- 5 Tablespoons of cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons of maple syrup
- Place the Almond nuts into a food processor until they become crumbly, add in the dates, cocoa powder and maple syrup before blending the ingredients for a second time.
- When the mixture has reached a sticky consistency, remove it from the processor and place into a loaf tray lined with baking parchment.
- Press down with the back of a spoon so that the mixture smooths out and lies even and place into the freezer for an hour and a half.
- Remove from the freezer and cut into slices, remove each slice gently from the tray and place in a storage container to be placed in the fridge.
As a deliciously rich protein-filled snack these brownies are great for the vegan snackers looking to pack in their protein punch.
This is a great summer smoothie to wake-up to in the morning. With a mixture of fruits it gives the perfect blend of sweetness and contains ingredients which are enough to keep you fuelled for a portion of the morning. The mixed seeds pack a protein punch too, this is one I love to make during the summer months…enjoy!
Makes: One 400ml Glass
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- 2 Apples
- 80g Mixed Berries
- 3 Tablespoons of Soya Yoghurt (Natural or Vanilla)
- 1/2 Ripe Banana sliced
- 2 Tablespoons of Mixed Seeds
- Handful of Ice
- Put the apples through a juicer to give about 150ml-200ml of fresh apple juice
- Pour the juice into the blender and add the berries, yoghurt, banana, seeds and a handful of ice.
- Blend for just a few seconds.
Tip: If you are using frozen berries, there is no need to add extra ice to the blender.
This Oaty Cinnamon Seed Granola is a wonderful recipe for those looking for what I call ‘brain-food’ first thing in the morning. The slow release carbohydrates really keep you going and the pecans, almonds and pumpkin seeds are a brilliant source of protein. Serve 40g of this granola in the morning with a handful of fresh fruit and some almond milk and you will be enjoying a deliciously healthy vegan breakfast all week long!
- 180g Pecans
- 150g flaked Almonds
- 300g Rolled Oats
- 175g Pumpkin Seeds
- 75g Sunflower Seeds
- 110g Flaxseed
- 4 Tablespoons Coconut Oil
- 4 Teaspoons Ground Cinnamon
- 4 Tablespoons Maple Syrup
- 120g Raisins
To Mix Up
- In a food processor blend in the almonds and pecans until light and crumbly.
- Add the crumbled mixture to a mixing bowl filled with the dry ingredients of oats, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds and flaxseed.
- In a saucepan over a low heat melt the coconut oil, cinnamon and maple syrup, stirring gently, pour the melted mixture into the dry ingredients and stir thoroughly using a wooden spoon.
- Once mixed pour the mixture into a baking tray and place in the middle shelf of a pre-heated oven for forty-five minutes. Stir the mixture regularly and thoroughly every 10-15 minutes to ensure that it is toasted well.
- Remove from the oven after this time and allow to cool before mixing in the raisins and pouring into a cereal container.
Another great element with this granola is that any fruit can be added to brighten it up further, try goji berries, fresh blueberries or raspberries with strawberries to give it some kick.